Juxtapositions: A Dialogue of Sorts

Strength demanded that seems too much is just strength enough given. (TS Eliot)


*


"Tell me something, Stamp. Tell me this one thing. How much is [a man] supposed to take? Tell me. How much?"

"All he can," said Stamp Paid. "All he can."

"Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?" (Toni Morrison, Beloved)

*


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

*


At least to pray is left, is left.
O Jesus! in the air
I know not which thy chamber is, --
I'm knocking everywhere.

Thou stirrest earthquake in the South,
And maelstrom in the sea;
Say, Jesus Christ of Nazareth,
Hast thou no arm for me?

(Emily Dickinson)

*

O LORD, my heart is not lifted up;
   My eyes are not raised too high;
I do not occupy myself with things
   too great and marvelous for me.
But I have calmed and quieted my soul
  like a weaned child with its mother;
           like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, hope in the LORD
    for this time and forever more.

(Psalm 131)






UndercoverBlonde  – (September 12, 2012 at 3:26 PM)  

Emily Dickinson and Psalm 131 - two of my favorite things. Thank you for putting them together, Juliet, this is beautiful.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP