Helpless.

"Though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul."


"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

2 Corinthians 12:9

It is heart-breaking, humbling, the worst and best time of my life right now. I felt, feel, helpless, watching loved ones cry out in pain and being completely unable to do anything about it. The latest? My uncle is in recovery from open-heart surgery, a quadruple bypass, on top of a whole lot of other trials that have come within this past week. I broke down on Wednesday, crying and clinging to my Mom, as we held on to our only thread of hope. The golden thread of Prayer. It is our last resort, when we realize the only act we can do is appeal to the One in control of all.


Beyond all else, beyond the joy of sheer happiness, there is the solid Joy that comes after the tempest. Comfort beyond all comforts, nothing can express it. It is a tearful Joy, where we realize that, in just a few days, or moments, or weeks, we will either say, "Death be not proud" or thank God for his deliverance.

Until that moment - we wait.

Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart.
Psalms 27:14

All praise to Him, the author and finisher of our faith.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP