It's "Just Wight"

"We are looking for the human being behind the roster of activities and grades. We are looking for those who can let down their guard just a bit to allow others in. We are looking for people whose egos won't get in the way of learning, students whose investment in ideas and words tells us--in the context of their records--that they are aware of a world beyond their own homes, schools, grades and scores."

-
From the Dean of Admissions at Pomona Claremont College, you can read the whole article here.

When we were little, my Dad would swing my youngest sister in the air and tickle her. He'd playfully look at her adorable round stomach and ask her, "Are you just chunks? Or just right?"

Jacqueline would reply with a huge smile on her face, "I'm just WIGHT!" It's one of our family signature phrases now. We looked until we found the church that was just wight, we found the circle of friends who were just wight.

And now I have found it. The "just wight" college. Just 15 minutes away from home, just wonderful philosophy of education, just 15 students per class, just one of the top liberal arts colleges in the US. Oh, and did I mention the price is almost just free? Yep.


Pomona College, Classics would definitely be part of my major, and I'm considering majoring in Philosophy as well. And Linguistics! Hebrew, Homer, and Hume in college? I couldn't dream of anything better. And as an extra, Claremont's ballroom dance team has won Nationals six years in a row.

This is definitely just wight.


The Autumn Rain  – (March 11, 2008 at 7:03 AM)  

Yay! I'm so excited for you. (And philosophy is an awesome major ... but you know that I'm biased.)

Ptáček  – (March 12, 2008 at 7:59 AM)  

Awwh, I love that!

That college sounds like a dream...come true. Are you going *this* fall?

Love!

Juliet SN  – (March 13, 2008 at 1:06 PM)  

*smile* Thank you, Allison! :)


Not this fall, Havie, I'm just a junior this year. :) I'll be transferring into Claremont as a junior also, since I'll graduate next year with an AA from the community college.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP