Finding Joy

I had a pile of homework. Math homework. No more literature classes, no more language classes, no science, just math. And lots of it. Smiles weren't all that abundant, and I sat on my bed rather drearily marking numbers.

Giggles and smiles entered the room, in the form of my two younger sisters. They talked so fast I could hardly understand them. Jasmine had earned four free tickets to American Idol for today, a live showing, and they were both super-excited. I smiled. I was happy for them. I helped them safety pin their pants, sweaters, dresses. We were all smiling now. I took a picture of them, with their sign (no idea how they plan to get that past security). Then, they left. The house was oddly quiet.

I sat down on my bed again, looked at the stack of homework. And I was happy. Not for my math, that's for sure, but for my sisters. Their joy had seeped in and overwhelmed my (silly) moodiness.

Sometimes, many times, we can find our joy simply by looking at the joys of others. It's so infectious, even if we don't realize it. God's blessings are simply so abundant, even when we think we're in a bad spot, just look around, and we'll see sunshine and smiles. We can find our joy in the joy of others. :)

Younger Sisters and their sign

Shannon  – (May 13, 2008 at 6:45 PM)  

Beautiful post, Juliet. :-) You are such an example to me of finding joy in life. Thank you.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP