Shining Reminders

Dark nights and clouds and gloomy fear and dragons often roar
But when the Gospel trump we hear, we’ll press for Canaan’s shore.


Last night, for the first time in five weeks, I went to sleep without any medications, without any open wounds, without any pain. It's been a looong five weeks of eczema, various medicines, doctor/urgent care visits, and pain. But it's over. Thank *God*!

I can't even begin to say how much I've learned (and am learning!) from this experience. Sleepless nights provide plenty of opportunities for tears and prayers (and pain). But through it all, the Lord was always faithful.

There were times when I thought I had reached "the depths of despair", but the Lord reminded me of His goodness through two wonderful young ladies. During one week, each day seemed to bring discouragement after discouragement. I dreaded the mornings, when I had to wake up and face more medicines and eczema pain. To say the least, I was a mess. But one morning, after a hard (and sleepless) night, I talked to my friend Shannon, and she encouraged me *so* much. I was reminded yet again of God's sovereignty in *all* things. A few days later, I was back in a very miserable state, and I opened up my email. Waiting there was a beautiful email from my dear friend Faith, and it just made me cry out of thankfulness. Then I opened her blog, read her sweet post, and I could feel the strength and joy of Christ returning. I had tried to do it on my own, with (lots of!) sinful pride, but as soon as I talked to Shan and Faith, I realized how much I need His grace and help to go on.

Thank you so, so much, Shan and Faith; beyond words, thank you. =) I can't imagine going through these past few weeks without you girls, you helped me remember the joyous truth of life and reminded me of God's strength when I was trying to do it on my own. You girls are amazing. I love you two!

Addie  – (July 14, 2008 at 3:28 PM)  

Oh Juliet!! I love you too! What a beautiful friend you are! *hugs* :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP