There And Back Again

The cool night air slowly enveloped me, the leaves rustled in the distance. Madelaine stopped talking for a moment to ask, "Is it just me or is the sky getting... lighter?"

I looked up. We haven't talked that much, I thought and ignored the sky.

Then the stars started disappearing. We had talked through the night. I still can't believe we did that - but it was so wonderful! When the sun came out, we shared cups of tea, then started the day.

(We paid for it with glossy eyes and not-so-alert dispositions that day, but it was definitely worth it.)

My family had never visited our dear friends before, and so, it was our family road trip/vacation. The days were too short, but the time we spent together was unbelievably sweet and unforgettable. Here are some pictures of our time together...

The original W/SN duo, my best friend and sister, M


Duo number 2

Duo number 3

And there was one more duo, but apparently we didn't catch them on camera. But! Friendship didn't only grow between the individual twosomes, but between our families. Mealtimes were absolutely the best, likewise with the movie-watching.

Working together to make Scottish shortbread

+

= Lykkelig

We spent the day at the river.

Rafting!

Isn't *beautiful*?

Mommy asked me while we made the 8-hour drive back home, "Was it worth it?"

(Due to the weather change, I had a rather horrid break-out of both eczema/arthritis.)

Yes, yes, a thousand times, YES.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP