Vulnerable

O God of peace, who hast taught us that in returning and
rest we shall be saved, in quietness and confidence shall be
our strength: By the might of thy Spirit lift us, we pray thee,
to thy presence, where we may be still and know that thou
art God; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

A Prayer for Quiet Confidence, Book of Common Prayer


I say these words aloud, hoping the words of my mouth become the meditation of my heart. Because right now all I feel is weakness and frustration at my own weakness. I have quiet, but no confidence, only a small hope and trust that all will be well. And I know soon, maybe in a few minutes, maybe in a day or so, I'll be able to look back and laugh at my own seriousness. I'll remember my small place in His grand plan and move on with life. But right now, I just feel weak, vulnerable, open to the fears and doubts that crowd my mind.

And so I pray.

Grant us, in all our doubts and uncertainties, the grace to ask what thou
wouldest have us to do, that the Spirit of wisdom may save
us from all false choices, and that in thy light we may see
light, and in thy straight path may not stumble; through
Jesus Christ our Lord.

Amen.

Heather Dianne  – (December 14, 2009 at 9:31 PM)  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Dianne  – (December 14, 2009 at 9:33 PM)  

sometimes the confidence comes simply because we are quiet. not because we have it already, but because it can grow out of our quiet times. it takes awhile, tho, so be patient, dearheart.
but fear not. "I have told you these things, so that in Him you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! He has overcome the world."
love and hugs and quiet thoughts.

Wheelers  – (December 14, 2009 at 9:49 PM)  

two prayers which have often been on my own lips. :)

love you!
MW

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP