Hope, Revisited

"This dragon of despair burns down all that I hold dear. I begin to sink deeper and deeper into depression and apathy. Why bother? It's a serious question. Why get up? Why make the bed? Why fight for anything at all? Because there is still hope yet! Because the dragon just might have a weakness. Because your heroes are uninformed enough to think they might have a chance. The fat lady hasn't sung. The concrete has not set yet. There is still time. Yes, this planet is wrought with horrors and pain and heartache, but there is beauty still. The dark horses are still running."

Jon Foreman, The Dark Horse

Erin  – (May 8, 2010 at 5:00 PM)  

that's beautiful.
thanks for posting it.

Erin  – (May 11, 2010 at 10:14 PM)  

thank you for your comment on my blog!
I thought I should introduce myself properly--I am a friend of Faith and David's, and I think I found your blog through one of them, I can't recall...I've been following it for awhile now but finally got around to commenting the other day.
Your trust and hope in God and the joy you find in life is inspiring to me, and your words here are lovely.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP