Epic Reading List (Literally)


Finishing Milton

Epics! I received my fall semester reading list for Torrey sometime in June, and after scanning the book list, I couldn't stop smiling. I love, love these books. I thought of reading them during the summer, but quickly discarded the thought. I had already read them, so maybe this summer should be for non-Torrey books. But then I thought a little more. My amazing literature teacher, Mr. Callihan, always asked us to read, at the very least, portions of these books aloud. These books were meant to be read aloud. They are poetry. College schedules probably don't leave too much time for slowly reading through the books. (I think.) So, I made a summer goal: to read through all the epics out loud.

Last week, I finished the last epic, Milton's Paradise Regained. It was such delightful summer reading project.




Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP