True Beauty

"Define true beauty."

...

"Without looking at Jacob, I said slowly, 'Well, it seeps into you. It doesn't make you forget yourself but totally the opposite.'

I chanced a glance at him. He was watching me intently. No glaze in his eye.

So I continued more bravely: 'It connects you with everything and fills you with awe that you share the same space with something glorious. Like a sunrise or a clear blue day or the most extraordinary piece of glass. And then suddenly -' my hands escaped their tight grip in my lap, and now my fingers splayed like fireworks in the air - 'you have this epiphany that there's more world than just you and what you want or even who you are."

North of Beautiful by Justina Chen

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP