Juxtapositions: A Collection

 


Don't surrender your loneliness
So quickly.
Let it cut more
Deep.

Let it ferment and season you
As few human
Or even divine ingredients can.

(Hafiz)






sometimes
loneliness wraps his arms around me
and holds me close
so I can hear
the beating, the breathing, the knowing
of being alone
(in a crowded room)
when he finally lets me go
after a minute that felt an eternity
he kisses my forehead
and so I'm marked
with a sign that leaves me wondering -
how to see grace
in being alone?

(2.23.2012)





Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
       Meanwhile, the world goes on
Meanwhile, the sun and clear pebbles of the rain
       are moving across the landscapes,
       over the prairies and the deep trees,
       the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile, the wild geese, high in clean blue air,
       are heading home again.

Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
      the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting -
      over and over announcing your place
      in the family of things.


(Mary Oliver)

Erin  – (March 1, 2013 at 10:00 AM)  

I love these - especially the first.

Juliet SN  – (March 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM)  

I was thinking of you, Erin, when I posted these. :)

Risa  – (April 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM)  

Yes. These are beautiful and deep. I'm sending you hugs and love, querida.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP