Thoughts from Stargazing - Part 1

I didn't count sheep. I counted stars, the stars that flashed above my head. The Geminid meteor shower. After losing count at 37, I leaned back and wondered. The insignificance of mankind became a dawning reality. Stars are the little snags in the celestial cloth that seperates us from the Heavens.


And Heaven and Nature sing.


The Medieval view of Heaven went over and over in my mind. Think of the sky as an inverted basketball, we're on the inside - looking out. Not only space seperates us from the Heavens, the various spheres of light. We can't hear the music. The music of the spheres.

I fell asleep at that point. Under the stars, under the bright light of the angels, under the signs of His majestic, glory, holiness, and love.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP