Relapse

Seems like I'm back to the beginning, watching the same scene unfold: the pain, the tears, total loss of strength. It gets worse every time. I doubt I'll even be able to walk for a few days, my hands will probably lose strength soon also. 

Plans are snatched out of my hands. It's hard to study or do any type of college prep when the pain is this bad. Much needed Time slips by as I sleep through the day, the only escape from pain. I hate relapses, they come too suddenly, with too much force. Just two days ago I was strong enough to run! And now... this. I can barely move from my room.

And yet, while I was reading Luke today, with an almost hopeless knowledge that the next few days would only be worse than today, I found comfort. Hope.

Even if my plans are snatched out my hands, an infinitely better one is at work. Even if I lose all strength, I can rely on a strength that created the world. Even if I hate the pain, I can love, and know that I am loved, Him who gives it to me. 

And with His help, I can think of the upcoming days and say, as Mary did:

Be it unto me, according to Thy Word.

Addie  – (December 12, 2008 at 12:23 AM)  

Listen to this song, Juliet, dear. The chorus is what I recite to myself whenever I feel like I'm drowning in school or work, but especially this past weekend after my car wreck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrKnCGbduE8

"So keep 'em coming, these lines on the road.
And keep me responsible, be it a light or heavey load.
Keep me guessing with these blessings in disguise.
And I'll walk with grace my feet and faith my eyes."

I love you, Juliet. No matter what. You'll always be my dear Julietta, and nothing will change it. *moves Clayton aside so she can hug Juliet too*

Unknown  – (December 12, 2008 at 7:51 AM)  

*gives you a third hug*

I'll be praying. :-)

Katie Beth  – (December 12, 2008 at 9:08 AM)  

*squirms through huggers to give you a fourth*

Juliet, I am so, so sorry. :-( As always, I'm praying hard for you. I love you!!

Di  – (December 12, 2008 at 7:16 PM)  

You are loved.

You are prayed for.

Mama Wheeler

Juliet SN  – (December 14, 2008 at 6:07 PM)  

*hugs you all* I love you all so much :) Thank you!

Heather Dianne  – (December 18, 2008 at 1:41 AM)  

my darling Juliet,
I love you so. I am praying for you daily, for His strength to become yours, for His peace to wash over you.
hugs, hugs, hugs!
<3 you

-- Addie -- beautiful song, I love them so :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP