From A Sunlit Room

It is short, unpolished
Like a child's first, faltering steps
But truly, honestly,
I hope it brings
A smile.

You both have spent
A tiring week, and feel stretched
"Like butter over
Too much bread."

And so, from this bright and sunlit room
I wish and hope
The Light of these thoughts
To be with you.

The smell of fresh lavender
And warmth of the gentle sun
The calm of a new morning
and hope of the risen Son.

I'd call or bring you a Starbucks
For at least a moment's worth of companionship
Yet fettered as I am by
Distance, time, and illness
I cannot offer more than this.

A prayer for rest - body and spirit
Offered in love for you, my friends.

Clayton  – (July 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM)  

Your free verse is very metrical. :-P Love and prayers, dear friend.

Clayton

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP