The Way I See It: Growth



It was The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring with live music. Live music! The film played through a projector on a huge screen, and right below it, the orchestra and choir played through the entire film. Pure beauty.



I've been thinking a lot about how beauty makes us grow. Seeing beauty is definitely a growing experience, but I struggle with how to explain it. It's a growing deeper into the world and ourselves, a type of becoming. The growth that beauty brings is unquantifiable. It pushes and pierces and prods us, until we reach a state of surprise and wonder. We become more human after encounters with beauty, after beauty makes us grow.



Just the day before the concert, I watched Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life with some friends. It is one of the most beautiful films I have ever seen (and actually deserves an entire post for itself). At the end of the film, there was a wordless wonder that we all felt and a growing of our friendship that we shared this piece of beauty together. I felt the same way after the Lord of the Rings concert. Beauty helps us grow together, as friends and as humans.



Growing in beauty is something that seems just out of reach for our words.










(The Way I See It is hosted by Molly at Close at Home.)

Molly Sabourin  – (October 24, 2011 at 8:50 AM)  

Gorgeous photos!! A treat to look at! And that Lord of the Rings live music event sounds just awesome! I totally agree that we become more human when exposed to beauty. Your post is lovely, lovely. Thank you!

The Autumn Rain  – (October 24, 2011 at 10:42 AM)  

I loved Malick's new film! I know lots of people didn't like it, but I loved it. The images, the music, the poesy of it all. It makes me happy that you enjoyed it too.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP