The Way I See It: Peace




Peace feels familiar in the newness of the morning. I love watching the sun-patterns in my house - seeing the blue light fade and the gold light come.










This is the time of quiet. I can hear every step I take and fill the silence with words, not my own, but belonging to the prayers of old. Peace.






This afternoon, peace came when he fell asleep in my arms. Babysitting for six hours has its ups and downs, but this welcome moment made it all worth it.


------------

And sometimes, peace comes when I least expect it. I've been sick lately, even more than usual. Insomnia makes for some very, very long nights. In the middle of those nights, when I've exhausted myself with crying, I'll grab a blanket and try to catch a glimpse of the stars outside. City lights don't allow for too many, but the few I see, they're enough. Enough to remind me of plans bigger and greater than myself, of His faithfulness and His love.

There, also, I find peace.

-----

(The Way I See It is hosted by Molly at Close at Home. Next week's theme is growth.)



The Autumn Rain  – (October 9, 2011 at 12:10 PM)  

These are beautiful, Juliet. I've been looking forward to seeing your contribution this week. I wasn't disappointed! :)

Di  – (October 9, 2011 at 11:00 PM)  

Dear, dear Juliet,

I have recently been beset by insomnia, too. I want you to know that I will be praying for you...for the peace that passes all understanding to be yours.

You are loved,
Mama W.

Anonymous –   – (October 10, 2011 at 8:58 AM)  

Juliet, thank you for this! Your use of natural light in your photos is truly stunning. I enjoyed them very much. And your honest and hopeful thoughts on peace brought me peace this morning. Thanks again!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP