Consolation




Sunday night seems worlds away, a brief time of calm before all this turmoil. My grandma is paralyzed on her right side, and she's lost her memory. She doesn't recognize my Mom or anyone. I still haven't seen her (it's too much of a risk for her), but my sisters have. And the look on their faces tells me everything. The doctors doubt my grandma will pull through this. It all seems so surreal, too much like when my grandpa died, yet too far from reality. This can't be happening. But it is.

And they cry unto the Lord in their trouble...

Monday was filled with bits of consolation that helped me make it through the long day. Rays of sunlight. A letter from a friend, phone calls - even if I did miss them, just the thought was so encouraging. I kept house for Mom, glad of *something* to do. In a way, it seems like He has been preparing me for this, teaching me how to overcome stress and physical weakness, so that I can help my parents, especially Mom. The house was clean after a couple hours, and I made a cake and cookies, then gathered flowers for Mom. So she could come home to something drastically different from the bare hospital walls.


... and He bringeth them out of their distress.

Please pray that God will give my family the strength to get through these next few days and weeks, whatever comes, it won't be easy.

Many, many heart-felt thanks to you all for praying. We appreciate it so much =)

(Psalm 107:28)

Shannon  – (November 19, 2008 at 1:47 PM)  

(Love that first photo.)

Still praying so often, Juliet. I'm glad my letter was part of your Monday.

I love you.

Katie Beth  – (November 19, 2008 at 3:04 PM)  

My mom said once that God prepares us for what He sends us. It worries me sometimes, until I remember that, hey, HE'S in control, not me. It's a good thing. I think you're learning the lesson better than I am, praising God in the midst of trouble.

Love you. :-)

Joy  – (November 19, 2008 at 4:53 PM)  

Love you Juliet, thank you for being such a daughter as you are to your parents. It encourages me so much.

Cliche as it sounds, it's in the darkness when the light shines brightest. And your God-given light is more a bonfire at the moment. ;)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP