Meandering with Words

Hesitant as I am to post any poem of mine, I've decided posting it and (hopefully) receiving some feedback is better than having it sit drearily in my journal. I have a few more that I might post, we'll see. :)

For a Friend

Shall we gaze upon the shores of time?
Our hearts and mind aglow.
With memories of time gone by,
The waves come, passing slow.

But thoughts of future time dispel
Our happy wandering thoughts
Where shall we be? Years from now
What gifts, sorrows in Fortune's lot?

Hold my hand then, hold me close
Remind me of our hope so sure
That despite our fickle joys and woes
Our Father holds our full future.

Clayton  – (November 10, 2008 at 10:57 PM)  

This is a really cool poem. I like how it is Past, Future, Present. The structure reminds me of where God refers to himself as the one who "was and is and is to come." I was curious, why did you pick pentameter for the first, while alternating tetra/tri-meter for the rest? was that conscious?

*laughs at self* I'm probably butchering this, when you in fact just wrote it spur of the moment in a stroke of inspiration(at 1:00 AM, no doubt) I like it. you should post more like it.

Juliet SN  – (November 11, 2008 at 5:58 PM)  

Thanks, Clayton!

*laughing* You know me too well. It was actually at 2 AM, *g* I was just playing around with words, and that first line stuck in my head. It took me a couple minutes to rattle the rest out, and I was surprised they actually had some rhythm.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP