Simple Poem

Tempt me not, o idle thoughts
With the airy sweets of dreams.
But give me hope, and on this hope,
The solid bread of reality.

Clayton  – (January 24, 2009 at 11:48 AM)  

Why think thoughts of something real
when dreams improve the way you feel?
Or maybe I in truth have only
dreamed a real that's really phony?

Juliet SN  – (January 24, 2009 at 11:54 AM)  

This life gives us so many chances,
To see the real with dreamy glances,
And so the two should coincide,
In every day of our lives.


(I liked the last line of your first comment better, *g*)

Clayton  – (January 24, 2009 at 12:42 PM)  

a blend, a mix, mutual action;
not only thoughts, not only feel.
God in truth gives satisfaction
His thoughts alone are truly real


(I did too, but I wanted a more intricate rhyme. Hey, did you ever type up that word study on the greatest commandment? :D)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP