Just a Memory

I limp along and watch the sky,
The pain brings tears, tears to my eyes.
The stars, they shine, heaven's best,
The sun, he lays his head to rest.

In my mind, I smile, I laugh
The pain is gone, my strength is back,
My thoughts turn to the summer past,
Sunlit days with friends and dance.

My tears, they fade away as I
Thank God for all the joys of life:
For aerials and barefoot feet,
For you, my friends, and your friendship sweet.

Certain pictures come to mind.
Ice-skating, your hand in mine,
A polka dance with breathless speed,
I try to follow as you lead.

Us girls, we stayed up until three,
Voice and piano in pure harmony
I played with you and marveled at
The beauty, we together had.

I open my eyes and hope to see
Their smiling eyes there with me
But gone is the laughter and the dream
For this is just a memory.

Clayton  – (January 6, 2009 at 10:51 PM)  

Oh, dear Juliet, I love you. breaks down into tears

Juliet SN  – (January 8, 2009 at 4:16 PM)  

Don't cry! The happy memories are part of what helps me through all of this :)

Unknown  – (January 21, 2009 at 1:15 AM)  

Juliet, dear, this is beautiful. Do you mind if I keep a copy of it?

Juliet SN  – (January 24, 2009 at 2:01 PM)  

Thanks, Cristina :) And, of course not, lol. Feel free to keep a copy :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP