Gratitude (1)

Mine eyes are ever toward the LORD; for He shall pluck my feet out of the net.

Turn thee unto me, and have mercy upon me; for I am desolate and afflicted.

The troubles of my heart are enlarged: O bring thou me out of my distresses.

Look upon mine affliction and my pain; and forgive all my sins.



Psalm 25:15-18

Gratitude for the man of God who penned his thoughts in such a human way, and gratitude to my Lord for placing these thoughts in His word. It's a comfort knowing that I'm not the only who cries in the night, who is just ... weak. And it even seems silly sometimes to have these thoughts. I'm not in danger of death, and I can think of so many who have it so much worse than I do. And yet I'm weak enough to cry and feel darkness and doubt press into my soul. I cry for my own weakness on top of it all.

I'm so grateful for the word of God, for my very own small blue Bible that testifies to my own weakness with its tear-splotched pages and (small) scattered rips. Even if I am just a weak and silly girl, I have a great Savior. And He has given me these words of life, these words which will uphold and lift me through my days.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Isaiah 40:31

I will love thee, O LORD, my strength.

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.



Psalm 18: 1-2, 46



Here is the word of the Lord.

Thanks be to God!

Coffee and Black Ink  – (November 23, 2009 at 10:17 PM)  

Thank you. *gratitude*
I've read a few of your posts, and I think you are amazingly blessed by God.
Thank you for sharing your blessings with us.
I read your post, This Patch of Sunlight, and was especially grateful for that one. I've had many patches of sunlight, recently, but that shadows are encroaching again, and I feel the need for a greater dependence on God.
So thanks for the encouragement.
Sincerely,
- Aisha

Juliet SN  – (November 25, 2009 at 11:17 PM)  

Thank you for your kind words, Aisha!! May God bless you :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP