Day 3


How He ruthlessly perfects
Whom He royally elects;
How He hammers him and hurts him,
And with mighty blows converts him
Into shapes and forms of clay
Which only God can understand,
While his tortured heart is crying
And he lifts beseeching hands;

Yet God bends but never breaks
When man's good He undertakes;
How He uses whom He chooses,
And with mighty power infuses him,
With every act induces him to try His splendor out,
God knows what He's about.

Anonymous

The Mundane: The infection came back today. I've obviously written a lot about this, so I'll try to keep this entry short. I faced an empty house and filled the silence with words to God. Words intermingled with tears and laughter. It was one of those days when I just wanted to know why. And I didn't want to face the next few days and the inevitable pain that would come. But as I read portions from the Book of Common Prayer aloud, something akin to peace came to me. I'm not calm now, I'm still worried, still in pain, but I'm not as terrified as I was earlier today. It could only come from Him.

The Miraculous: Sanctification. Just think, this is all for His glory. God uses trials to bring us closer and closer to His image. I held glow-in-the-dark stars in my hand, a gift from a friend: perspective showing me just how small my troubles are. Who am I to complain? I'm not the first person to suffer nor the last. Christ suffered for us and conquered Death. And that's my hope, that through all of this, there is an answer to the 'why?' His glory. And I rest in that.

Coffee and Black Ink  – (February 24, 2010 at 9:04 PM)  

Somehow I wish I could give you a hug.
so... *hug*

Juliet SN  – (February 27, 2010 at 9:47 PM)  

Dear Aisha, *hug back*, thank you so very much :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP