January

This post will not end up with the billion drafts sitting there, waiting to be posted. I will press the 'publish post' button. I will.

Hello, February. I wonder in my foolishness. What can you possibly have in store that January didn't already have?

January was travels by plane, car, and train. To to the cold of Northern California and then to the warmth of Hockley, TX. Beautiful times with the best friends I could ever ask for.

January was the hard realization that I would not to go back to ID. And the worst relapse ever, followed by the worst depression.

January was lightening storms and sunshine. Laughter and tears. Trouble and grace.

January was the strong reminder of my own weakness and pure idiot-ness. And an even stronger reminder of His power and grace.

And of course, I can't forget those days that don't really fall into the storms or sunshine category, the days that simply were.

That was January.

Now, there's a beautiful February ahead. February is fresh, a new month with no mistakes in it... yet. And come what may, I can rest in hope and this beautiful promise.



He giveth more grace.
James 4:6

David K  – (February 3, 2010 at 9:01 AM)  

Beautiful post, Juliet :)

It snowed here, last night. Just a couple inches, but it was enough to cover the world in white for a while.

And it seemed to change the world a bit, make it a little more magical, fantastical, and brought with it something more than just a new month.

Di  – (February 5, 2010 at 9:07 PM)  

For many years, Mr. Wheeler and I had really difficult Januaries...sickness, broken things, discouragement, and more. We are now unbelievably grateful when January is ... ordinary (-:

I send you loads of love. Wish you could come visit us; I miss you, dear.

Love,
Mrs. Wheeler

Juliet SN  – (February 8, 2010 at 8:40 PM)  

Thanks, David :) That sounds so beautiful...


Lots of love to you, Mrs. Wheeler, *hug*

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP