This Valentine's Day




Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the children of God.


1 John 3:1

It's Valentine's Day, and I feel like such a child. So small, so insignificant, and so unworthy of this great love that has been given unto me: the love of my Lord and Savior.

This isn't just a warm and fuzzy love. This Love defeated death itself.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. Ye are my friends."

John 15:9

We're His children, His friends, and even more than that, we the Church are called His bride.

And behold the Bridegroom cometh for His bride.




I can only marvel at this great truth. Dante's words and imagery fill my mind... and I hold hope. Joy. Wonder.

Love.

High phantasy lost power and here broke off;
Yet as a wheel moves smoothly, free from jars,
My will and my desire were turned by love,

The love that moves the sun and the other stars.

Dante, Paradiso, The Last Canto

Addie  – (February 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM)  

....wooooow.... Thank you so much for posting this, Juliet! That was beautiful, powerful, a wonderful reminder of who's love we should be celebrating above all others on this day. :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP